Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Definition of Comfort


To really look into what brings me comfort and where to find it, I first had to have better understanding of the word. What better way than to start with the definition.



COMFORT


  • To make strong; to invigorate; to fortify; to corroborate

  • To assist or help; to aid

  • To impart strength and hope to; to encourage; to relieve; to console; to cheer

  • Assistance; relief; support

  • Encouragement; solace; consolation in trouble; also, that which affords consolation.

  • A state of quiet enjoyment; freedom from pain, want, or anxiety; also, whatever contributes to such a condition.

  • A wadded bedquilt; a comfortable

  • Unlawful support, countenance, or encouragement; as, to give aid and comfort to the enemy.


Wow, what a word and so much behind it. I will admit, giving comfort to others is a challenge for me. I even catch myself holding back every now and then with my kids, depends on the situation. I think I sometimes do it because I want my kids to 'toughen' up to some things and not be such 'whiners'. Something for me to continue working on. But I always want my children to know that I love them and some my actions are because I love them.

I LOVE YOU
Lily and Jacob

My children are a definite comfort to me. They definitely contribute to my 'quiet enjoyment'.


No comments:

Post a Comment